Follow Me

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Happy Day - Teapot Tuesday

Well, I know it's Thursday, but I've been busy and didn't have the time to post this for Teapot Tuesday this week.   I'm doing this post at the office, and I forgot to bring my little book where I keep all my card information on products I use, so I'll have to update it later tonight.

Our cards this week are going to Becky Wilkie who was diagnosed with Leukemia (AML) in Aug 2012 and has since undergone several treatments of chemotherapy, radiation, medication & recently a Bone Marrow Transplant on 12/12/12. Mother of 6, grandmother to 3+, wife, sister, daughter, aunt and friend to many.

Since her transplant, Becky is on an upward trend of recovery but every precaution still needs to be made to free her from infection since she has NO immune system right now. For 2 weeks after the transplant she was taken care of well at Loyola Medical Center in Maywood, IL. She has a total of 100 days of isolation before coming home to those that love her. She needs to stay close to the hospital in case she gets ill so she has taken residence with our sister Kim at a special hotel in Oakbrook, IL. During her 100 days she is prescribed several medications to protect her from infections, lessen pain, stabilize the rest of her body and most importantly, prevent her body from rejecting the donated bone marrow.  Check out this post HERE if you want to play along and send a card to Becky.

Our challenge this week -  Americana is where it's at this week. So bring your flags, your eagles, your music and join the Back Alley Kats at the lake.Becky rides a bike herself so extra cookies for bringing a big loud bike to the party.  No music here, but lots of fun with a big loud bike and flags.


 Materiels Used:
  • Image - The Digi Garden - Molly and Flag
  • Sentiment - from the Designer paper - Summer Fresh.
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up - Red Riding Hood
  • Designer Paper -Simple Stories - Summer Freah
  • Bike - Got off the internet
  • Scalloped border - Stampin Up Red Riding Hood cut with decorative scissors - Cloud
  • Copic markers - B21, B32, B34, E31, E33, E35, E50, E51, E53; R22, R37, R59.
Thanks for stopping by.

I'm submitting this card for the following challenges:

Delightful Challenges - Thinking of You
DL.ARThttp://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/ - Use red or pink
Digistamps4Joy - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes




8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card,love the fab image,great colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, this is adorable! Love the gingham on here and I know it's going to cheer her up!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! Darling little girl image. Most importantly its a very happy card and it's going to someone who could use some happy. I know she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I know it will brighten the recipient's day. Kudos to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Margaret. I am sure it will help brighten her day. I will try to send a card to her. I know I appreciated all the cards I received when I had cancer. It will take a while to get to her from Australia as it is a public holiday here on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cheerful card Maggie - I am sure it will be appreciated.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute colourful card thank you for playing at Delightful Challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's a cutie Maggie! Love how you colored her and designed with gingham and the word banner! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!