Follow Me

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Special Day

My oldest daughter has a birthday coming up this month.  I won't say how old she's going to be; not that she'd care, but it will tell you how OLD I AM!  LOL!   Since she lives in California, it's hard to do gifts, so we mostly do gift cards.  But I want her to have something pretty, so I make her a special card.  I'm submitting this one to the Twisted Tuesday challenge this week which was to make a card for someone you love and the twist was to use lots of color.  You can find them HERE.  I think this one qualifies on both counts.


The layout was based on one of Bev Rochester's layouts.  I twisted up her layout just a little bit. 

Materials Used:
  • Image - I have no idea where I got this stamp.  It wasn't very long ago, but I've looked through all my receipts and can't find it listed anywhere, so if someone recognizes it, please let me know.
  • Sentiment - Stampin Up - Happiest Birthday Wishes
  • Cardstock - Gina K 120# for the card base; Stampin Up - Cajun Craze and Summer Sun
  • Paper - Basic Gray - Marrakech
  • Flowers, Brad, metal circle - stash.
  • Border Punch - Martha Stewart
  • Copic Markers - B0000; B21, B34, B41; C00, C0, C1, C3, C5, C7; E000, E00, E11, E21, E23, E57; R00, R05; Y11, Y13, Y17, Y18; Y32, Y35; 0
Well, that's it.  I sure hope she likes it.

I am also submitting this card for the following challenges:

Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations Paint  - Birthdays
No Matter Which Challenges - Die Cuts and/or Punches
Pile it On - Use pattern paper
Stampin Sisters in Christ - Use Bright Colors only
Sunday Stamper  - Riot of Color
The Squirrel and the Fox - Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge - Layers
Inspire Me Friday - Anything Goes
The Poodles Parlour - Here Come da Girls


Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments.  I really appreciate all of them.  I am trying to get around to visit all the blogs of my Followers.  Gonna take some time.

A couple things coming up.  In October Perfect Sentiment Challenge will be doing an One-Year Anniversary Blog Hop, and I'm sure there will be prizes.  Stay  tuned!

22 comments:

  1. This is so cute Maggie! I don't recognize the stamp but it's so cute.. those clunky boots, fab hair colouring and those little skulls in her pony tails! She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I am sure that your daughter will love it. You do such a nice job with the Copics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your daughter will love the pretty card you have created for her Margaret.

    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, loving those bright zingy colours, happy birthday to your daughter, am sure she will treasure your card. Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie, you crack me up. We all know you started having kids when you were 5! LOL

    This is so cute! I LOVE the BG DP you used. I like how the image and mats are all askew.

    Very fun card. I am sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Love the image and your coloring is FABULOUS!

    Thank you for joining the Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! I just know she will love it!! Thanks for participating at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty card with a sweet image, love the colours on the little girl and your colouring is wonderful. A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful; your daughter will love it! Gorgeous coloring too! Thank you for playing along this week at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny how our daughters always stay our "little girls" no matter how big they get, isn't it? Luscious card and I love all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your daughter is going to love this card! So happy and fun. The coloring is perfect as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely bright card I'm sure your daughter will love it! Thanks for sharing at Challenges 4 Everybody!
    Hugs xx Cara xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another awesome card! I'm sure your daughter will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card for you daughter's birthday. Great colors. Thanks for joining us this week at SSiC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If your daughter doesn't like it, which I very much doubt, then can I have it please? It's gorgeous and the colours are fantastic hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOve all your patterned papers on this fun card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous. So cute card. Nicely designed with so pretty colors. I appreciate this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute card, love the zingy colours too. Thanks for joining us at NMW Challenges and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful creation thanks for playing along with us at poodles
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card. Adorable image. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card. So great design. Designing is such a nice job and i realize this after working for the Clear Cards printing and designing company. I appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!