Follow Me

Monday, February 13, 2012

Birthday Beauty

Wednesday is my oldest granddaughter's 18th birthday.  Her first away from home.  She's off to college and doing very well.  I know that she misses home and home misses her.  I made this card for her and I hope that it cheers her up.
The stamp is from Stampin Up's Birthday Beauty as well as the sentiment which I colored with my SU Ruby Red marker and then stamped the sentiment words side by side to make the banner.  The image is stamped with Tuxedo Memento Black on Copic Blending Paper.  The cardstock base is SU Chocolate Chip and the mats are all SU Ruby Red.  Her sash is metallic gold.  The paper is from Basic Gray's Sweet Threads.  I really love the BG's papers. The flowers are 1 paper flower and 2 resin flowers from Recollections.  I think I need to get some more.

I colored the image with my Copic markers:  Hair - E23, E25, E27; Skin - E50, E51, E53;  Rose - G05, R22, R27, R29; Dress - RV10, RV32, RV34, RV42; Crown - Y18, Y19; Outline - W0.

I'm also entering this in the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club #58 challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate all your comments.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. super cute card...hope your daughters birthday was fabulous...have a super day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing I noticed was the beautiful DP you used. Basic Grey is one of my favorites!! I bet your granddaughter loved her card. It's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!