Follow Me

Monday, November 7, 2011

Thanksgiving PSC05 and November Monthly Challege

Well, here we are at the start of another week.  I had a very quiet weekend.  My "Gateway" modem crashed Friday night during the night so I woke up Saturday morning with no TV or Internet and found out later that my printer didn't work either since it's WiFi.  After my initial frustration and a call to my provider, I got busy with other things.  I had started working on this challenge and between Saturday and Sunday night, it all changed around so the finished product is not how I initially visualized my card.
I get to use this for 2 challenges this time.  The images I used from SU Day of Gratitude were in the card kit that I sent out to everyone for the Monthly Challenge on SCS and, of course it's for the Perfect Sentiment Challenge for this week.

The Challenge: create a card that portrays a sentiment of Thanksgiving/Fall.
The Twist: use brads or eyelets. If you don't own any brads or eyelets you may substitute with any type of metal embellishment.
 
I used SU Crushed Curry for the base of the card and really like the 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" square card.  The dp is from my stash, but it was perfect for this card.  The images are from SU Day of Gratitude.  They are stamped on white c/s and then cut out and popped up on the card with dimensionals.  The "ribbon" I used is fabric ribbon that I purchased some time ago from reasonableribbons.com.  It was also perfect for this card.  I love that Hunter Green color.  I was having a hard time figuring out how to add the sentiment and found these alphabets from Tim Holtz.  They fit very well and added just what was needed.  I ended it off with a little bling and the sparkley brad in the center of the image.   All in all, I was pleased with the result.  Again - no Copics this time, but I'm sure they'll be back soon.
 
Thanks for coming by.  I appreciate all comments.  Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Your end result is wonderful!! I love the colors of this and that hunter green was an excellent choice for this!! An excellent creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, this is soooo pretty! It's a great layout, and I love all the embellishments you chose. That wide ribbon is super pretty. GREAT job (as always!) on the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again Maggie, your cards are so beautiful...
    I love all that you are doing to add a touch of detail or extra some thing here or there...
    this is a wonderful expression of "THANKFULNESS"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, what a beautiful card. I love the layout of it and the colors are so pretty together. I love the green in the middle as it pulls it all together. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie, this is really really cute! the stamp is FANTASTIC! i'm glad you made it back to play with us again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this really came out incredible. Love that big flower and leaves. Thanks for joining us at the Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job - I like everything about this card

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card maggie love the sentiment's presentation. Thank you for playing along with the Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!